Serves 4 | Prep 5 min | Cook 30 min | Ready In 45 mins
When you’re low on ideas and find yourself with the cupboard staples, this is a perfect winter warmer, ready in about 30mins and a one pot wonder! This creamy chicken utilises coconut cream and is deliciously rich, smooth and will have your bellies warmed in no time. Serve this with your favourite veggies, salad or grains.
4 medium chicken breasts skin on
3tbsp olive oil
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil, finely sliced
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
90g sun dried tomatoes, sliced
300ml chicken stock
1 cup coconut cream
salt and pepper
Pinch of chilli clakes
1. Thoroughly-season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet over ahigh heat, add enough olive oil to coat the pan. Once the oil starts to smoke, fry the chicken skin side down for 3 mins. Take the chicken off and rest to the side.
3. In the same pan, over a medium to high heat; add the diced onions till browned, add in the garlic, both tomatoes, and chilli to the pan and simmer. Add the chicken stock to the pan to soften all the ingredients for about 5 mins.
4. Add the coconut cream to the pan and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken breasts and bring back to temperature by placing a lid over the skillet.
5. Once the sauce begins to simmer after about 4-5 mins add the spinach and basil, once it has wilted it is ready to serve.
To serve, leave the chicken in the skillet to keep it warm, garnish with extra tomatoes, fresh basil and chilli flakes. Enjoy with a side of your favourite salad, rice or quinoa.
Recipe by Sara Stidwill from www.dukkahandspice.com @dukkahandspice
Copyright Doorstep Organics © 2021 | Liquor License: LIQP770017079 | Developed by Output dsj.