Serves 4 | Prep 15 min | Cook 25 min | Ready in 45 mins
This broccoli tabouli is a modern spin on the humble salad leveling up with broccoli; it's fresh, crunchy, zesty and you will never want to go back to boring boiled broccoli again. Combine the beautiful salad with a perfectly grilled pork chop and yogurt, you won't look at either pork or broccoli the same again.
4 pork cutlets (bone in approx 250g each)
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp salt flakes
1 tbsp salt flakes
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
drizzle olive oil
olive oil to cook
1 1/2 cup broccoli (about 2 med heads)
1 cup Zucchini diced
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly diced
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 med red onion diced
1/4 cup dill, rougly diced
3 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp pepitas
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp honey
2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
zest of half a lemon
pinch of salt
125g natural yogurt
zest half a lemon
1. place a medium pot of water over a high heat and bring to the boil.
2. Place the pork chops in a bowl with the seasoning and enough oil to coat all sides. Rub the pork chops to make sure they are evenly coated in all the spices and rest at room temperature.
3. Remove the stalks and chop the broccoli heads in to small floweretts approx 1-2cm in length, the smaller the better. Place these into the boiling water for approximately 2 mins to blanch and remove and dunk straightin to fresh cold water to cool. Strain really well.
4. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the yogurt and set in the fridge to cool.
5. In a large bowl, add the broccoli, zucchini, onnion, parsley, dill, seeds and pomegranate. Stir well to make sure all ingredients are well combined.
6. Heat a large griddle over a high heat and brush with some olive oil. Once the pan begins to smoke, add the pork chops. Cook each side for approx. 4 mins till well seared, Flip and repeat for 2 additional minutes each side and rest and cover with foil for 5 mins.
7. To make the dressing; combine all ingredients into a jar and rapidly shake till emulsified. Pour over the salad about 5 mins before serving.
To serve; Place a good dollop of the yogurt on the plate in a circular motion to about an inch from the edge of the plate. Top with a generous serveo f the broccoli salad and an extra sprinkle of the pomegrate seeds. Top with the pork chop and a sprinkle of salt and dill.
Recipe by Sara Stidwill from www.dukkahandspice.com @dukkahandspice
Copyright Doorstep Organics © 2021 | Liquor License: LIQP770017079 | Developed by Output dsj.