Serves 4 | Prep 15 min | Cook 45 min | Ready 1hr
2 large eggplants
500g lamb mince
1 large red capsicum diced
1 Leek; green removed
145g tomato paste
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1.5 tbsp Middle Eastern Herb Mix
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp sumac
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil to Cook
250g Greek Yogurt
1tbsp Olive Oil
1 clove garlic
1tbsp fine diced flat leaf parsley
Pinch of salt
Flat leaf parsley
120g mesclun salad mix
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan forced)
2. Cut the eggplants length ways keeping the stalk attached for presentation. Core the eggplants leaving about 1.5cm of flesh around the skin to hold shape. Dice the eggplant you removed and rest to the side.
3. Brush the eggplant on all sides with olive oil and place skin side down on a baking paper lined tray into the oven for 20 mins.
4. Roughly dice the white stalk of the leek. In a large deep fry pan over medium to high heat; add the leeks and diced capsicum reserving a few tablespoons of capsicum to garnish with a good drizzle of olive oil Saute till softened, about 5 mins.
5. Add the lamb mince to the leeks and capsicum till it has lightly brwoned then add the diced eggplant and cook for a further 3 mins till soft.
6. Add to the lab mince; all the spices, 3 cloves of crushed garlic, the tomato paste and half a cup of water. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10 mins to make sure the flavours have combined well. You may have to adjust the water as you want the mix to be wet enough to hold shape.
7. Take the eggplant shells and fill with the lamb mince. Make sure you press the mix into the shell well. Return the eggplants to the oven and cook for a further 25 mins.
8. While the eggplant is cooking you can create your garlic yogurt, In a small bowl add the yogurt, oil, parsley, crushed garlic and salt. Whisk lightly and rest.
To serve; place the eggplants on a plate and garnish with lots of garlic ygurt suace, dieced capsicum, roughly chopped parsley and a sprinklw of sumac, Add a side of fresh mesclun salad mix and enjoy!
Copyright Doorstep Organics © 2021 | Liquor License: LIQP770017079 | Developed by Output dsj.