Vichyssoise Soup Recipe
It's a great time for a big batch of Vichyssoise Soup. Dutch Cream potatoes are on special. Leeks are at the peak of their season and looking particularly fresh and delicious, we just had a huge bin delivered! I really love this soup, it is delicate and fresh in flavour and makes a great meal in itself or a simple entree if you are having friends for dinner. This recipe is by Anthony Bourdain.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 8 leeks
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 fresh chives
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- In a large, heavy bottom pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, add the leeks and sweat for 5 minutes, making sure they do not take on any colour.
- Add potatoes and cook for a minute or two, stirring a few times.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook on low heat, gently simmering for 35 minutes, or until the leeks and potatoes are very soft. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Slowly, and in SMALL batches, puree the soup at a high speed in the blender.
- Return soup to the cooking pot and whisk in cream and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Return to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook 5 minutes. If you want to thin soup out, add more broth.
- Transfer soup to the mixing bowl. When soup is at Room temperature, cover in plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator to cool.
- Check seasoning, sprinkle with chives and serve in chilled bowls.
To Add Individual Products Please Select From Below
$2.95 per each
0 Comments To "Vichyssoise Soup Recipe"