15-20 handrolls | Prep 20 min | Cook 10 min | Ready In 35mins
With the warmer weather we are craving light and delicious meals that can be made in no time and no slaving over the hot stove. These handrolls are a great take on the classic though replacing the rice with beautiful soba noodles making it even faster to prepare. The handrolls are so versatile and you can mix and make your own fillings just the way you like.
10 Nori sheets (cut in half: 20 pieces)
350g medium-firm tofu
160g swissbrown mushrooms
1 med yellow carrot
4 baby cucumbers
1 med red capsicum
1 med avocado
2 spring onions
3/4 broccolini sprouts
90g soba noodles
8 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
Pepper to season
Oil olive to cook
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3 tbsp Tamari
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp mirin
1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix the marinade in a flat bottom bowl till smooth. Slice the tofu length ways into fingers about 2 cm wide and 1cm thick. Add to the marinade and gently coat all sides of the tofu.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and slice into about half cm pieces. Add the mushrooms to a medium fry pan over medium heat with the sesame oil, a pinch of black pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil. They will take about 3-4 mins to brown and soften. Stir occasionally then remove from heat once done to rest.
- Slice the carrot, cucumbers, capsicum into matchstick pieces just over 2 inches long. Slice the spring onion into the same 2-inch lengths and finely slice the whites near the root.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the stone. Gently peel the skin off and slice into very thin slices length ways.
- In a small pot boil about 1 litre fresh water. Once rapidly boiling add in the soba noodles for 3 and a half minutes. Do not overcook. Strain well and add to a heat-proof bowl, while warm add the mirin to season the noodles and rest aside to cool.
- In a large fry pan over a medium to high heat, add some olive oil and fry the marinated tofu on each side for about 2 mins till brown.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork till combined.
0 Comments To "Vegetarian Handrolls"