Serves 3-4 | Prep 20min | cook 20 | Ready in 40min
4 med chicken breasts
2 2/2 cups GF rice breadcrumbs
2 large eggs
1 cup rice flour
1 1/2 cups sunflower oil
Sea salt flakes
200g washed potatoes
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tin cannellini beans, strained
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt nad pepper
1 large cos lettuce
2 lemon wedges
1. Roughly dice the potatoes to 2cm pieces and add to a medium pot of boiling water.
2. Using a mallet pound each breast out to 2cm thickness. You could dod htis between two pieces of plastic or baking paper. If they are large, cut the breast in half after you have flattened it.
3. Place the rice flour and bread crumbs in 2 separate deep plates large enough to fit the fillet. Crack the eggs into a medium bowl with a tablespoon of water and whisk with a fork.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked; check by pressing a piece of potato with the back of a spoon in th pot. If it mashes easily yu are ready. Strain the potatoes and return to the pot over a medium heat. Add 5 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 the strained cannellini beans, cherry tomatoes, spring oinions, crushed garlic, a good season of salt and pepper. Give it a good dtir till ingredients start to combine and form a rough mash. Cover with a lid.
5. When you're ready to fry, add enough oil to a large fry pan to reach approx. 2cm in depth. St over medium-high heat.
6. Starting with the rice flour, dredge each chicken on both sides. Shake off excess flour and dunk into the egg mixture. Then move the chicken to the egg wash and coat on each side. Let the egg drip slightly then into the crumbs, pressing firmly to completely coat each side.
7. The oil should now be ready; you can test by dropping a crumb in the oil. It should immediately sizzle. If it sinks; the oil is too cold, increase the heat.
8. Fry the chicken in batches, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until deeply browned. transfer to a paper towel - lined plate to drain and sprinkle with salt flakes. Repeat with the remaining chicken and beware not to stack them.
9. Add the last of the Cannellini bean to the pot and stir through.
To serve the cos; wash and drain the cos lettuce well. Quarter it length ways to create clean wedges. While the stove is still hot; place the lettuce directly on the hot plate to sear or over gas to sear with tongs for 10-20 seconds each side till slightly blackened.
To Serve: Place a chicken schnitzel on the plate, add a serve of the warmed mash, the wedge of seared lettuce with a light drizzle of olive oil and wedges of lemon.
Copyright Doorstep Organics © 2020 | Liquor License: LIQP770017079 | Developed by Output dsj.