Herbed Veggie Patties
Serves 4-6 | Prep 4:10 hrs | Cook 45 min | Ready in 1 hr
If you have been looking for a great meatless Monday meal or your preference is vegetarian or vegan meals; these veggie patties with all the great sides won’t have you missing a thing. These delicious herbed patties are packed full of flavour and paired with delicious, fresh, seasonal sides.
This recipe is shown 3 ways to show versatile these patties are. Whether you’re entertaining or prepping lunches; it can all be done with the same ingredients. Don’t be intimidated by the ingredient list; it’s simpler than it looks!
1 cup dried chickpeas
3 spring onions
¼ bunch coriander
½ bunch flat leaf parsley
1 lemon juiced
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp coconut yogurt
2 tsp sea salt flakes
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp sumac
3 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp bi carb soda
Drizzle olive oil
500g Cherry tomatoes
1 tsp diced parsley
Pinch of sumac
Salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle of olive oil
200g Coconut yogurt
1 clove of garlic crushed
½ a cucumber grated
½ lemon zest and juice
Pinch of salt, pepper and
2 small red radishes
1 medium onion
Your choice of wraps
1. Soak the chickpeas at room temperature in cold water with a tablespoon of bicarb for a minimum of 4 hours. Overnight is best.
2. Once soaked, wash and place the chickpeas on the stove with hot water with a tablespoon of bicarb and bring to the boil to cook for 20mins till soft. As cooking, you may need to strain any foam and skins that float. Once soft; strain and rinse in cold water.
3. In another pot of water, peel, dice and boil the potatoes till tender, about 15mins. Strain and rinse in cold water.
4. While the chickpeas are cooking make the yogurt sauce. Squeeze all the juice from the grated cucumber and discard. In a bowl combine the cucumber with the yogurt, garlic, spices, lemon zest and juice. Fold gently and place in the fridge.
5. Prepare the radish and onion by finely slicing or using a mandolin to shave into a bowl. Break up the onion using your hands and add a pinch of sumac.
6. Dice the cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, diced parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix and set to the side.
7. Finely dice the coriander, spring onion and parsley and add to a large bowl. Add ½ the chickpeas, all the potatoes, herbs and spices, lemon juice, yogurt and olive oil. Using a potato masher; roughly smash all the ingredients till they start to bind. Switch to a wooden spoon and add in the corn flour, bread crumbs and remaining chickpeas till the mix forms. Chill for 10 mins in the fridge.
8. Place a large non-stick fry pan over a medium to high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Using an ice cream scoop, create a small ball and flatten into patties on your palm. Add to the pan and cook for 3 mins on each side till brown. Repeat for as many patties as required; the mix should make about 24 small patties.
To serve 3 ways;
Wraps: Using your favorite wrap; top with lettuce, 2-3 patties, tomato salad, onions and radish, a good dollop of yogurt sauce, wrap and enjoy.
Canapes: Using the patty at room temperature, top the patty with a dollop of yogurt sauce, a few pieces of tomato salad, onion and radish pieces and a fresh leaf of parsley.
Salad: place some yogurt on a plate and top with lettuce, tomato salad, chopped
0 Comments To "Herbed Veggie Patties"