Roast Chicken with Charred Vegetable Salad
Serves 4 | Prep 5 min | Cook 20min | Ready in 30min
This is a quick and simple chicken with a charred vegetable salad that’s ready in 30mins, a great go to when you’re short on time. Asparagus is beautiful this time of year and works perfectly adding colour and crunch.
2 large chicken breast skin on
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt flakes
1 tsp dried Italian Herbs
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp coconut sugar
2 bunches asparagus
2 small zucchinis
2 cups baby spinach
400g cherry tomatoes
½ lemon, squeezed
1. Preheat oven to 230˚C (fan forced).
2. Sandwich the chicken breasts between 2 large sheets of baking paper. Using a mallet or rolling pin lightly beat the chicken to tenderise the breasts and flatten to approx. 3cm thick. Place the breasts on a paper lined baking tray.
3. In a small bowl combine the salt, paprika, Italian herbs, black pepper and brown sugar.Drizzle oil over the chicken breasts and season on both side of the chicken and place in the oven the skin side up. Cook for approx. 18 mins till darkened.
4. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place on a paper lined tray in the oven to roast.
5. Place a well-oiled skillet or frypan over a high heat. Slice the zucchini into discs and char them for about 1min on each side. Repeat this process with the asparagus cut roughly into 2-inch pieces. Once cooked; place into a heat proof bowl and add the baby spinach to wilt.
6. Take the chicken out of the oven, cover lightly with foil and rest for 5 mins.
7. Take the roast tomatoes out of the oven and rest to the side.
To serve; place all the charred vegetables on a large dish. Top with roast tomatoes and season with salt flakes, pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice and crumbled feta. Slice the chicken into 2cm sliced on an angle and layer over the vegetables; scatter fresh torn dill and pinenuts over the dish.
To Add Individual Products Please Select From Below
0 Comments To "Roast Chicken with Charred Vegetable Salad"